When to use Urgent Care vs. Emergency Room
At AFC Urgent Care Cherrydale, our physicians and medical team see a large variety of injuries and illnesses. Our walk-in clinic is a state-of-the-art facility that provides fast and expert medical care for children and adults. Overall, here are the top reasons that patients choose to go to the emergency room or urgent care center:
- Chest Pain: Chest pain can be a sign of heart attacks and serious medical complications. If you or a loved one are experiencing intense chest pain, it is best to go to a hospital emergency room for care.
- Skin Infections: There are a large variety of skin infections that we see at our clinic, and usual treatment involves topical ointments.
- Cuts and Contusions: AFC Urgent Care Cherrydale can treat your minor cuts and contusions at our walk-in clinic as soon as you walk in for medical care.
- Fractures and Sprains: Fractures and sprains are one of the most common injuries that we see at our urgent care clinic, and minor injuries can be tended to quickly.
- Respiratory Illnesses: Symptoms of respiratory illnesses may include intense coughing and phlegm. Anything more serious, such as coughing blood, should be tended to at a hospital.
- Toothaches: Toothaches can be extremely painful and patients often turn to an urgent care center or emergency room for attention.
- Foreign Objects: Accidents happen at home and our medical professionals can help with removing foreign objects from the body, such as intrusions in the ear or mouth.
- Back Pain: Back pain can be a chronic annoyance but should be examined by a trained professional.
- Headaches: Minor headaches and migraines can be treated with medication at our walk-in clinic.
- Stomach Pain: There are many factors that can cause abdominal pain, so it is a good idea to get checked out by a doctor if you are experiencing minor pain.
AFC Urgent Care Cherrydale is a great option if you are looking for fast and efficient urgent care attention. We look forward to helping you and your family feel healthier soon!
Formerly AFC Doctors Express